Friday, September 26, 2008

HappyBirthdayJohnnyAppleseed!

Today I had the fun privilege of helping Kelsi's kindergarten class with Johnny Appleseed Day. My hugest thanks to my cuzinlaw Brandis for watching Kaitlyn&Kennedy for me. She braved 4 kids under the age of 3! Not an easy (or very fun) task :) Both Brandis and I have a unique commonality....all 3 of our kids are just days apart. It's always nice to find someone that you can trade the babysitting with!

What a huge class that Kelsi has! It was fun matching the faces to the names of the kids she talks about.
Apples, apples and more apples! The whole room was filled with them. There were about 6 different centers of apple activities. I don't think Kelsi will be hungry for lunch after all the food that was shared....apples, crackers with peanut butter, apple juice, cobbler - it was fun to watch her interact with her friends. I am so impressed by the parent involvement.

Mrs. Hubbard, her teacher, is an absolute riot! Kelsi has come home with all sorts of new terms and phrases that I can just imagine her teacher telling the class. Just today when a boy wasn't paying attention she says "If you don't stop, you're sitting in the bathroom and That's It!!" I guess there is a bathroom in their classroom. Her motto is "she is tough on them but she loves them to pieces." She definitely keeps all 28 of them in line. They know who is boss for sure!


Here is Mrs Hubbard, with "Johnny Appleseed". All of the kids got to shake his hand before he left. Love the pot on his head :)


Here are a couple of the girls in the neighborhood that Kelsi loves - it's gonna be so fun (and sad) to watch them grow up. It's all happening way too fast.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

cute post. I may have to copy :) Thanks for the pics! Good times hanging out with you.... you better get plugged in, or you're out!!!

Val said...

This is so cute!! I so remember Mrs. Hubbard cutting the apples to make them look like stars. Its crazy but so fun to watch Kels learn the same things!!
And now me and her can jam out to Witches Brew!! haha love ya

Brandis said...

What a fun activity! I'm glad that you got to go, and it was fun having the girls. They're welcome anytime! I'm totally impressed by any teacher who can keep 28 5 year olds in line and happy, let alone teach them stuff & do fun activities with them! :)

Kirsten said...

Wow, her class is BIG! Brynlee only has 15 in her class...I think they are going to realign boundaries for our school because the Kindergarten classes get smaller each year. I love volunteering in the classroom.