Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer Fun!

August 8, 2009
I started this post a few weeks ago...finally I can cross it off my list of "to do's" :)
My one and only summer time post - we've been trying to keep busy and have loads of fun before school starts and the baby comes. I think we have succeeded. I can't believe in a couple of days school will be back in session.


It's been a great SUMMER. Here are some highlights...


Grammy G Camp



Every Friday, Grammy G would have the older girls over for a few hours. They kept a journal, made cute flipflops for the 4th of July, read books and even went to the circus! Kelsi and Kaitlyn looked forward to every Friday. The girls are lucky to have such great cousins, aunts and grandma's to look up to.





Greer with the Reed Family


Our vacation with my family was the best. What a perfect way to spend a week while preggo. Cool weather, comfy clothes and lots of relaxation. My dad put together the best games for us all to play....frisbee golf, whiffle ball and some other "made up" games that were tons of fun. My sister Meg brought up her Wii and we found out that Kelsi and Kaitlyn are naturals at bowling. We went for hikes (Jesse took the girls by himself on a super long hike up a mountain...luckily my dad saved them by bringing them back in the golf cart :) Jesse also made homemade pizza for us the first night and found he has another "specialty" besides queso. Delicious!!



(aren't these miniature pics cute? that's what happens when you save them from facebook)


We've swam, hung out with friends and family and really enjoyed being together. And how can I forget??? WICKED!!! My most favorite musical ever...we got to go with Jesse's parents and it was definitley a highlight. My parents took the girls overnight and I had a nice and quiet Saturday morning afterwards. Bummer that I didn't take any pics. We were in a hurry and I had use the restroom before the show! The line was forever; we barely made it!! :)



Here are Kelsi and Kaitlyn getting ready to go see High School Musical at Broadway Palm.

I am sad to see the summer end and for my girls to not be home with me all day. But I am also anxcious for more of a structured schedule and for our new baby! August 21st is the scheduled day, but I'm not expecting her to follow the rules. It's a guessing game as always.


I am super thankful for all of the help I've received from friends and family. I have great examples all around me and I glad my girls have so many wonderful people in their lives.

I love you ALL!!

1 comment:

Shelley Goodman said...

You must have been busy if this is the first time you have had to blog about summer. I don't blame you for wanting to soak up all your time with your girls. Summer break flew by fast, and I don't even have kids in school! I hope things go smoothly this week for you guys