Monday, December 1, 2008

{Happy December} Kids Don't Forget!

I'm so glad it's December and officially the season of Christmas! Kelsi made me laugh today (and also feel a little bit guilty) so I thought I would share the story.

Background: We leave the toys from Santa unwrapped on Christmas morning. Last year both girls got what they wanted from Santa and then we threw in this huge castle tent. They didn't ask for it, but we thought it looked fun. Well, it wasn't. The girls loved it but it was huge and a pain to set up so we took it back. I don't remember telling the girls or them even noticing it was gone.

Today: We were talking about Santa and Kelsi says, "MOM! Remember when Santa brought that huge castle for us?
Me : Uhhh.....
Kelsi: And then you had to send it back.....to Target. Why????
Me: wracking my brain to think of something: "Well, Santa thought we had a bigger house. So we gave it to someone else that would be able to use it better".
Kelsi: Oh, OK!

10 comments:

ginger said...

nice comeback! oh that's funny... my kids have been telling us what they want for christmas since prolly before halloween! it's pretty much anything they see on tv :)

Kirsten said...

Your header is so cute. I need to learn how to do stuff like that.

Isn't it so nice that our kids believe our lies...oops, I mean yeah, you kinda feel guilty :)

Val said...

Haha ok kels is just too smart!! But way to think Kris, you sure are good at that!! :]

Kristen said...

ya sayin' i'm good at lying val? :)

S and B H. said...

Good answer! I may have to use it someday!!! The pictures are cute on the header! I hope you got one that you really like :) We can always photoshop if we need to...or I should say send the pics to Bre and have her fix whatever you need!!!

Shelley Goodman said...

She's a little thinker. Too bad see wasnt a little older or else I would have just dropped the bomb on her then. Nice save though!

Sarah Williams said...

your good- their still young. mine are asking al kinds of questions. i just say if you don't believe in santa- then he won't come. thats what my parents said and i got santa presents till about 16!
you TOTALLY look like a stepford wife(perfect) in your header!

Erin said...

You gotta love kids. Minds like steel traps.

Breanna and Martin said...

HAHAHAH I am so behind on everyone's blogs so I'm just doing a little catch up while martin does homework..
I just laughed out loud and it echoed in the house. I LOVE KELSI! and I LOVE YOU!

Michael Clark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.