Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Zoo Trip!






On Monday I had the privilage of going with Kesli to the zoo with her preschool class. It was so fun! Even Kaitlyn made a new friend. I love to watch my girls interact with other kids - I love how they get so excited to see eachother - I love how they run, jump, hold hands and giggle...it's fun being a girl!
I haven't been to the zoo much this season, just a couple of times. Last year the sister in laws and I went every week. Next year it will be a lot easier to keep that tradition going...Kelsi will be in school so I will be down to two kids again.
I left Kennedy with my mom so I decided to scrap the stroller. Kelsi and Kaitlyn never sit in it anyway and who doesn't need the exercise right? They did awesome, but toward the end they were hitchin' rides in wagons and sneaking into extra stroller seats. Kaitlyn said her legs "stopped working" so I piggie backed her up a few hills. Next time I will bring the stroller :)
We had fun though...I went to places in the zoo that I forgot were there. Usually we see the giraffes and circle around by the tiger and monkeys. I had forgotten about the frogs and snakes and all of the birds! Kelsi's preschool teacher, Miss Peggy, told us all of the little stories that went with each animal. I definitely learned a lot and realized that these preschool kids were smarter than me!

9 comments:

Courtney said...

LOVE THE ZOO! So fun - my kids are so much fun to watch as they interact with other kids...like being a fly on the wall!

Breanna and Martin said...

ummmm HI. First that is an adorable header....they couldn't be more precious!
Second, I am jealos you went to the zoo without me....but we will just have to go soon!

hehe xoxo

rachelstewartpm said...

Looks like tons of fun! Darling pictures.

We haven't been yet this year, but I really want to go again. Although last year when we went I remember thinking "That was a lot more fun in my head then it was in reality." I think we tried to do to much and by the end the kids were tired and crying and I was trying to drag them the rest of the way through the zoo.

Brandis said...

how fun! we've still only been to the zoo once and it was for one of their summer things, so it was dark and we couldn't see anything but the giraffes & zebras. Can you believe Kelsi is going to be in kindergarten??? I took Ashtyn's papers in last week and had very mixed feelings about it. I'm crossing my fingers that she'll get half day because I'm not ready for her to be in full day! But then again, there are days... :)

amy said...

I love Miss Peggy...Abby's there today with my sister and her daughters class. I can't wait for Abby & Kaitlyn to be in her class.

Jenn Toon said...

WE LOVE THE ZOO! My sisters and I have a membership and go twice a month. With all my kids in school, I tag along for the exercise but take my kids at least once a month. We do small sections each time and ride the train. There are lots of new babies right now too! Such fun to share with your girls and they are adorable!!

Mary Anne said...

how in the world do you make such awesome headers?? seriously, so so cute. how fun to go to the zoo with your girls. I can't wait to have a good excuse to do stuff like all the time. Reading your blog makes me so excited to have kids!

P.S. that keychain is something a friend of mine had made for me for my 13th birthday! I had a big crush on Dusty then...and she called me Murray. I was so glad I still had it!

Unknown said...

I have to admit--- not a huge zoo fan! We love preschool though!!! Thanks again for letting Maggie hang out the other day. She had such a great time. We need to get those girls together more, they are going to be hillarious in kindygarden!!!

gena said...

Love your header! I haven't been to the zoo in a couple years. Your pics make me want to go back...it just gets a little crazy trying to keep track of my kids:)