Friday, February 29, 2008

BabyBaby!



My sweet little Kennedy Rae! I've decided to start a post on getting my 6 month old baby to sleep through the night in her crib without the bottle!! Everyone has their own "sleeping through the night" theories. My oldest, Kelsi, was spoiled, fed and rocked each night before bed. She is my worst sleeper; go figure :) It took her until Kaitlyn was born before she would go to bed on her own. Pretty soon, Kelsi got her way and was being rocked before bed again; she was 2yrs old.
Kaitlyn, about 4 months old, had to "cry it out" in her crib. It took 20 minutes of crying before she fell asleep. After that first night, amazingly enough, I could just lay her down awake in her crib and she woud go to sleep on her own. It was a miracle!! I was now a firm believer in the "cry it out" method!
Now comes precious baby #3. She got a cold about a month ago and I put her in her swing so she could breathe better. I have loved this...I prop up a bottle for her (I know...baby bottle tooth decay...) and she falls sound asleep where she stays until 7am! Fab, fab, fabulous! But, as we all know, you can't sleep in a swing forever; and I really don't want to mess up her invisible teeth. So, with a heavy heart, I realize that I must get the swing out of her room and use the crib for what it's meant for.
Tomorrow night maybe....

6 comments:

Jenn Toon said...

Ok. Every kid is different and you'll find what works best for her. :)
And don't stress the bottle rot. My brother is a dentist and I worried about the same thing until he told me, that is an old wives tale. If you let them suck on one ALL day with KOOL-AID or JUICE then yes, they will. Otherwise, just use your best judgement. So, don't stress and take it one day at a time! :)
SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!! Hope she feels better soon!!

Brandis said...

I'm guilty of all of the above except I only give Kaida the bottle when she's in the carseat, not the swing (which she sleeps in about 75% of the time.:) I was good about putting Ashtyn in bed and she's a great sleeper. Then came Cole, and my philosophy changed to, I'm just going to do whatever gets me the most sleep in a night because a well-rested mommy makes for a happier family. :)

S and B H. said...

DARLING EASTER DRESSES....THEY ALL MATCH! They are seriously so cute. Love it!!

Shelley Goodman said...

Hey, you do what you have to do :)! The girls look so cute. Amazing how you can find matching dresses in 3 different sizes! Hope you had fun at the zoo today!

Unknown said...

Hi Kris, you can tell this is from a "softy" old great-grandma, but 6 months seems so young to not have a bottle all night long,especially since she is not on solids yet. Isn't that a long time to go?
However, it has been so long since I had little ones, mine may not have had bottles that long either.
Actually, I nursed mine, so no wonder they didn't take a bottle. I think I weaned them at 9 months, - so come to think of it, mine were not a year old either.
You can tell I am not the one going without sleep.

Love your Blog - you do such a good job.
Gma. Trudy

Courtney said...

Whatever works! Right now I am still putting Isabella to sleep with her pacifier at 15 months old, which any Dr./Dentist will say is a NO NO! But, she goes down, no fuss, sleeps all through the night - can't beat it!