Monday, July 21, 2008

The AmaaaZing Race!


Fun Times at Girls Camp! Here we are with our Flag right before we left on the buses. Yes, those are lamp shades. Aren't we darling?

I just LOVE Girls Camp. Or, I should say, I love Young Women. They are the funnest. I could seriously hang out with them :) One of these years, maybe I will actually look like a leader. Maybe it's funny the first time you hear that you look like "one of the girls" but really, by the 3 rd day I just wanted to smack someone. This was the first year I was able to go for the entire time. The girls and I had a blast. 2 ladies from our ward (super talented ladies) wrote an amazing production that the YCL's got to perform. Seriously, it was made into a professional movie and what made it even sweeter was that my awesome sis in law Val was in it. She is totally amaaazing herself :)
Here's Val & I after we did our skits/dances...whatever they were. I was supposed to look chinese and Val is one cute KungFu Panda :)



Here I am with my fellow beehive leaders doing a big HIYA!!!! Gotta love Kelly and Angie!

We stayed up way too late and woke up way too early but it was worth it.
Here is a pic from our 4 hour, 9 mile Second Year Hike. It was so fun to be with the second year girls. We had a great group! I have been sore for days from this hike! I call it, "toilet seat soreness" I'll let you figure out why...
Why don't I have a good group photo of all of us? Seriously, where is the professional photog???

10 comments:

Val said...

Kris i just love you so much! And im so glad we get to do all these fun things together! Youre the best! Oh and i need to get those pics when we were all dressed in white. Thanks for everything!

Brandis said...

I'll admit, girls camp was never my favorite thing, but it looks like you had a fun week! :) Are you going out of town this week too? If not I was thinking you & the girls could come over & go swimming with us. Let me know. :)

Unknown said...

you are the cutest young women leader ever and those girls are so lucky to have you in there with them!!!! ;) glad you were there with a friendly smile! love ya!

Steph (and Bryant) said...

It's always a great time when the leaders are happy to be there too! Looks like so much fun!!

Shelley Goodman said...

You guys look cute in your lamp shades. Glad that you made it home in one piece. Now if you can get through this week it is smooth sailing for a while. Let me know if you get bored while Jesse is gone. I can always use a shopping, lunch, swimming, hanging out buddy!

Sassy said...

I ♥ girls camp...it is just the best! You are darling and so is Val!!! What a cute idea...the lampshades! I ♥ young women's too!

Kristin...by chance if you hear of anyone who didn't get their little one's signed up for preschool...would you mind giving them my email pkfamdmly@aol.com I've decided to teach preschool here at my home...I KNOW IT'S LAST MINUTE, BUT...it won't start until September 3rd...three days a week and each class will be three hours...thank you I'm kinda on triple red alert if you know what I mean...LOL!

Sarah Williams said...

the whole time??? your awesome. i loved my 3 days and thought it was good cuz i left wanting to stay. ya know what i mean. by the 5th day...i'm not so sure=)

Erin said...

Glad you had fun. Kelly said it was amazing. I love girls camp too. I wish I would have been able to go this year. Our girls were just leaving as you guys got there.

gena said...

How fun that you are in YWs with Val. Love girls camp-Looks like fun!

Randy and Heather said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to be there with you. It would have been fun if we were cabin moms together, huh!? I always hear the same thing..."are you a leader or a young woman?" That's a great thing about being pregnant-for a few months, you don't get confused.