Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Fun Fourth & A SWEET hook-up!

What a FUN group of girls!! Thanks Val/Bre for setting up our "field"!
Our 1st ever annual Goodman Fourth of July brunch/watersoftball BLAST!!! Seriously, what a fun day we had on Friday. We got it started with a delicious breakfast; pancakes, cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, sausage, am I forgetting anything?? Then went and worked it all off playing a very "goodman friendly" competition of water softball.

Keeping the kiddo's busy so we could play!
Way to splash into home, Jess!

Then off to the Reed family for a yummy bbq and fun visiting.
Kelsi was so excited to see the fireworks this year. We told her we would from my parents balcony, but then found out that CentralChristian was bailing out this year. So we decided to try TempeTownLake. We just happened to invite my sister Meagen and her husband Chad. We grabbed a blanket and decided to "brave" the crowd. Chad just happens to think that maybe his dad would have a hook up since he has been involved with the building of the TempeTownLake Condos. Come to find out, his dad has a key to a 2.5 million dollar condo model that is empty. We totally got to hang out on this massive (very high, very scary) balcony on the 11th floor. It was crazy!!!! The fireworks were right over our head. Tempe did good!!! ;) Of course, you know me, my camera battery was dead and I still haven't figured out my flash. No good pics, but I could've got some awesome ones!

I wish we would've known, I would have made it a party up there and invited y'all!!!

13 comments:

SunGood said...

Ha ha what a fun day that was!! Gotta love a sweet hookup!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!! It was good to see you guys today!! I probably won't bee seein' till after good 'ole girls camp!!

Steph (and Bryant) said...

Loved water softball!! I didn't even hear about your sweet hook up! AWESOME!!!! So fun to see ya this weekend!

Sassy said...

Oh my stars!!!! Okay what a wonderful view of the fireworks...LUUUUUCCCCCKKKYYY! We were sad that the church bailed too, we always went to those and found a great spot and never had to be in the traffic...and oh my crap what a small world...Valerie is such a sweetie...love her! WOW who knew? It sounds like your fourth was awesome!

Shelley Goodman said...

What a cool view from that balcony! I bet the girls loved the fireworks. You guys should throw a party up in that condo before they sell it :)

Unknown said...

looks like a blast! love all the fun pics!

Megs said...

Did you take that pic from the condo?? That looks pretty good even without a flash! It was definitely the best firework view I have ever seen! It was fun seeing the girls so excited about them!! Hopefully it will still be available next year! I doubt it will sell:)

Rachel Stewart said...

How fun!! Water softball sounds like a blast! I am going to mention that to Kent. We should try to get a friendly game going one of these eventings.

And score on the fireworks. I am sure it was amazing. The one picture that you did get looks incredible.

Brandis said...

So cool!! We thought we were doing pretty good walking down to the end of our street & watching the tippy tops of 3 or 4 fireworks shows that we could barely see. The weather was perfect once the sun went down though. Looks like the softball game was fun! :)

The Taylors said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I seriously love your family pics - soooo cute! I wish we could have come to the ice cream social - it looked like fun - but we were out of town - bummer! Again, cutest pictures - my favorite is the snuggie-picking one!

Courtney said...

what a fun 4th! we were totally planning on CCC too...but we headed over to MCC and those were great! so cool to be up that high and OUT of the crowd!

Clay's gal said...

Looks like fun times!! What good memories for the kiddos!
Let's plan our big date night! Do you guys have plans next Friday? I'll talk to Tim and Kristin and you talk to Meg and Chad! See if Allison might want to come too!!

Sarah Williams said...

oh my gosh your kids are so cute! wow you look like you had so much fun!!
sarah















j/k you know i'm not like that. anyways- why can't i find some rich relatives or friends. heres what i need.....friends with a - boat, quads, condos at the beach/mts, tickets to major concerts or sporting events, you get the gist.

Mary Anne said...

I know this is what y ou posted about on your last post, but I LOVE LOVE the new family picture on your header! Whoever she is did an amazing job. It sure looks like water softball was fun! That looks like a good tradition to have each year...especially when it's so stinking HOT!