Monday, November 3, 2008

HaLLoWeeN cRaZe

So fun....and the best part??? The holidays are right around the corner! I love this time of year...it just needs to get cold already!!! Kelsi was dying to be a mermaid this year.

Kaitlyn wanted to be SleepingBeauty (but the costume was too scratchy) so she went with SnowWhite.



But, of course, the day of Halloween comes and the neck on SnowWhite is bothering my little Kaitlyn so what do we have to do? Yeah, cut it off! Bad mom moment confession: No way was I going to ruin and cut a brand new costume - but the crying continued, we were late for our neighborhood halloween party, couldn't find my camera to top it off. I gave Kater 2 choices. Stay home and cry or go to the party (the neck is staying on the dress). Finally, this girl would not give up. I relented and cut it off - 2 choices out the window - ha! a bad mom moment - I'm sure there are lots more to come! Shouldn't Halloween be an easygoing happy day? You can't even tell it's cut off, but is was way cuter how it was {sigh}

Kennedy is easy and will wear whatever I put on her. She wore a cute PINK MinnieMouse costume. I love to dress up and had this great, last minute idea to go as Donald Trump and his new wife Melania. Jesse wouldn't humor me though and wear a suit so he just looks homeless :)




This is my only pic of Kennedy. Sad! But my camera was gone. I am going to dress her up again and recreate it - she'll be in a better mood anyway. All of the Goodman cousins (except one) aren't they cute?
The day started with a fun little halloween parade & program for Kelsi's Kindergarten class. Darling, Darling! They sang the funnest songs and were all so fun to watch! The grandpa's were invited to come and carve pumpkins and watch the show as well. Mrs. Hubbard has been doing this for a long time and goes all out! Her room was decked out SPOOKY!
Walking in the parade...it looks like she is doing a Miss America wave Kelsi thought the pumpkin smelled so gross!
The finished product - it's hard to tell, but my dad carved glasses on the pumpkin just like Kelsi asked him to.


Here is Kaitlyn's preschool class. Her teacher always wears the funnest costumes. This is where my camera COMPLETELY dissapears! I was holding Kendi in one arm, taking a pic with the other. When I went back to the car, Kendi was crying and didn't want to get into her carseat. I needed both hands to help her (must have absentmindedly put the camera down).

Later we went to our neighborhood party and enjoyed hotdogs, popcorn and snowcones. TrickorTreating was fun too, but we have way too much candy on our hands.



Whattya think? Should I get extensions and dye my hair dark? :)

****CAMERA UPDATE****First, let me tell you I SEARCHED everywhere all weekend for this thing! I just knew it had to be in the car. I got a flashlight and looked in EVERY hard to reach corner. Then I thought someone pickpocketed me at the costume store.

Ahem...Jesse gets in the car today and finds in under the gas pedal. Thanks Babe - your wife needs some help

9 comments:

Q Crew said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had so much fun!! And check you out, HOT STUFF!! You look great!

Hey, I just made my blog private so if you want to be invited I need your email address!
~Amy

Q Crew said...

P.S. You can send your email address to jakenamyquinn@msn.com
Thanks!

Shelley Goodman said...

wow, you do look good with long dark hair. Glad you found your camera, i was thinking for a sec it was gone for good. Your kids look cute all dressed up, sad we didn't make it in time to see everybody.

Brandis said...

You look hot and I think you look a bit like Jessica Alba in that pic of you & Jesse. And of course the girls all look darling in their costumes.:) Glad you found your camera! :)

SunGood said...

Once again.. I think you must color your hair dark! Just to try it! ;) Your kids looked so cute.. trust me I totally know what it feels like to give in to your kids when you are running late and they are driving you crazy! So don't feel guilty!! Glad the M.I.A camera has been found! What would we do without our helpful hubbies! :)

Sassy said...

DANG GINA!!!!!! You are so beautiful with DARK hair! You are already gorgeous..but WOWIE!! Your sweet dad was cute doing what was asked of him with the pumpkin...I wish it would cool off as well and feel holidayish...because I AM SO SICK OF THIS HEAT!!!! Either way my friend you look good...not sure about your boyfriend though...hmmmm

ginger said...

hey i love the long dark hair! Kaitlin & Bailee are totally related with the itchy thing! holy cow it is so bad, most of the time it's the smallest thing that will itch her... thanks goodness for tagless t's! your girls look so cute all dressed up! i can't wait for thanksgiving & christmas. will you guys be there this year?

Sarah Williams said...

i lose stuff ALL THE time and i always tell Eric that someone stole it because theres no way i could've lost something else! love the wig!

Unknown said...

this is funny stuff....Jesse looks hillarious with that mop....nice!