Sunday, June 29, 2008

Great Dad!

So I missed posting about Father's Day. Something about 2 sisters getting married and 3 crazy girls that got me off track! So for journaling purposes and if you are like me and are entertained by reading the happs of other people read on:

Dad Day '08
I made a quick run to Albertsons after Ali's reception to go get the goods for Father's day. We're talking about 1030pm... So lame, I know. I had already given Jesse his gift (Under Armour bball clothes that he was in desperate need of - I won't go into further detail). So I figured I would just make him a fabulous breakfast! Well, his version of a fab bfast is sausage, eggs, potatoes, red peppers, onions and whatever else is leftover in the fridge. My style is more homemade pancakes and fruit. I REALLY did not want to wake up early and cut potatoes. I thought of making that cute DAD cake. Then thought, do I really want to do this tomorrow? And who is going to eat it? The answer, my girls :) So no on that! Then, as I always do on Sat night at Albertsons...I see a friend from my ward. I tell her my lame father's day plans and she tells me about SKILLET CREATIONS!!!! Now we are talking!!!! If you haven't tried these, it is sooo good! I even liked it! It's just as Jesse would make (because he is the one who makes this kind of breakfast) Potatoes, sausage, peppers, cheese. No chopping, just plop the bag on the skillet and in 15 minutes DIG IN! Jesse loved it and I was glad I didn't totally lame out for a truly fantastic guy!








Here he is playing with the girls. He always takes them in the backyard to play games before they get ready for bed. This leaves me time to clean up dinner and/or blog :) He plays red light/green light, tag or police officer. It is so cute to watch!


Jesse has more motivation and self discipline in his right arm than I have in my entire body!!! This past year he has lost more than 80 pounds!! This is another post entirely, one that I will get around to soon!

Jesse makes THE BEST nachos EVER! I won't even attempt to make them for him. Every chip is perfectly placed...to the point of obsessive compulsion :) And they are yummy!


He is a great example to me. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't read his scriptures. Even if it's Friday night at 11pm I will see him open them up and read. I really admire and strive to achieve his strong testimony and love for the Gospel. He motivates me everyday.
I don't like my posts to sound perfect - we definitely have our ups&downs. We have worked hard on the communication factor and I feel we (or just he, haha) have come a long way!!! We both want what is best for each other and don't ever bring one another down. We have the utmost respect for each other and I am grateful to have such a fine husband!!!

4 comments:

Val said...

This is so sweet! Man i love jess too!! And absolutely love you and the girls!!

Sarah Williams said...

ok that was totally not chessy- your all good. i think everyone has communication issues, no need to stress about that. about your motivation issue...i do really bad on Sundays- i just get bored and make treats. so start over tomarrow. no junk- you can do it. you should probably try to lose 5 pds before vaca(not that you need too) but thats how much i gained so if you lose it now then gain it you won't be any worse off than you are now. do your hubby biggest loser post so i can motivate mine.=)

Kirsten said...

Wow, Jesse looks so good! Way to go Jess on losing that weight, it's a tough thing to do!

Of course, what I've lost in the last month is probably back since I've been at my parents house for a week and my mom buys way too many treats!!

Breanna and Martin said...

aw! I love reading these posts about my brothers...its good to know they are being good hubbies and daddies :-)
Love ya!