Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How fun is this?



One of the advantages of being up at 2am with a baby.....sometimes you see a good idea on TV :) This was from Your Life A to Z. They used 1 cake mix and put 1/2 in a square 9X9 pan and 1/2 in a circle pan. Bake and let cool. Cut the circle in half to make two D's. To trim the sqaure pan: Find the center and cut a diagonal from the top to bottom on both sides. This pic is from familyfun.go.com but the one from Your Life was cuter. I couldn't find the picture though. Their website might not have updated yesterday's show.


They decorated the letters with candy. M&M's shaped the letter A and reeses peanut butter cups and hershey kisses and kissables were on the D's. Very fun and very cute!


11 comments:

SunGood said...

What a cute idea!

Kirsten said...

Totally gonna use this idea!

Brandis said...

Yay for you being up at 2 AM watching tv! This is so cute and I might have to use it. :)

Shelley Goodman said...

Good thing Fathers Day isn't on Fast Sunday!

Clay's gal said...

What a fun idea! I might have to use it! Thanks! We still want to get together! We have the stomah flu over here right now! Bummer! Hopefully it will be gone in time for the wedding! See you there!

Stephanie said...

What a cute idea! I would love to do something like that, I just don't know if it would turn out for me:) Looks like Kelsi had a great birthday! I love that you let her get her ears pierced. I want to do it to Brittney so bad...it's so cute!

Randy and Heather said...

I'm totally going to steal this idea. Can you stay up tonight and find me a good dinner recipe? (=

Courtney said...

I love this! I think I will be baking on Saturday :)

Rachel Stewart said...

I tell you, some of the BEST stuff is on in the middle of the night. Very cute idea. I might try it out if my husband even liked cake. Maybe I'll do it anyway. The kids would love it.

ginger said...

k... i totally made this last night! It has some my my dad's favorite things... white cake w/ CHOCOLATE frosting & m&ms... doesn't get much better than that!! thanks for the idea. k & I sooo love your girls pics you have from the pied piper photo!!

Sassy said...

I LOVE THAT! I wished I had seen it yesterday...maybe I can still pull it off today without runing to the store...so cute...thanks