Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What a fun day!










I jumped the gun yesterday and posted about Kelsi's Birthday. I just couldn't resist. It is actually today and it felt like a holiday/vacation day all rolled into one. Kelsi had her very first "friend" Bday party! I used to just do family parties but I realized that it's way easier to feed a group of 5 yr olds chicken nuggets and mini corndogs. Less stress for me and fun times for Kelsi. We have so many little girls that live in our neighborhood. Add cousins and some good preschool friends and you've got a party! We decided to rent an inflateable slide. It was so fun! We had it pretty much all day long and had a blast. Kelsi went to bed asking when she was going to turn 6. Ummm...in exactly a year from today. Then she said, " Today was so super fun. Can I get a more fun slide next year?" Ummm...you need a more fun slide?

12 comments:

Rachel Stewart said...

WOW! Looks like quite the party! Sabrina had a ball and talked about it all afternoon.

Can't believe Kelsi was so gung-ho about the earings. I couldn't have paid Sabrina enough to get in that chair. She is NOT a fan of pain.

The Taylors said...

Holy cow! It looks like you all had fun! I can't wait to do friend parties for Lilly!

SunGood said...

Happy birthday Kels!! Thanks so much for entertaining the girls yesterday! They had so much fun at Kelsi's party! Love that pic of all them on the slide!! Love Kelsi's new big girl earrings too!!
Kung fu Panda Friday! You guys should come!!

Mary Anne said...

Priceless. "Can I get a more fun slide next year?" That's hilarious. All you people in Arizona have me JEALOUS of your bathing suit and water fun pictures! It was like 60 degrees and rainy today up here. WHAT THE HECK? Well enjoy it for me!

Courtney said...

what fun! happy birthday to kelsi! Ok - so I totally love the pierced ears! Steve is dying to do Isabella's and I keep telling him not until she can choose for herself...i may not last!

gena said...

That slide looks so fun! My kids always love a friend party. You must be a good party mom because I think the friend parties are harder on me than the family ones:)

Mary said...

So fun. Little girl birthdays are the best. I can't wait to see the more fun slde you get for next year.

Breanna and Martin said...

hahaha oh I love her! I had a blast hangin out with all those cute girls, no sweat at all! Well except that my blisters came back...but they are gone for good now :-)
I love that you taught her to say super fun, it kills me everytime!

Sarah Williams said...

i keep thinking i want to buy one of those. its like $250 to rent right? I think $1500 to buy. Sooo if i use it for every bday/event for the next 2 years it'd be paid for. hmmmm. or charge admission to those cute neighborhood kids. anyways, looks so fun, i wish i had one. happy bday to kelsi, lifes getting easier isn't it????

Shelley Goodman said...

What a sweet slide! She is already scoring on the cool b-day parties...can't wait to see what her 10th birthday party will be.

Unknown said...

so fun! sad we missed it. I do the 8 yr. old thing too, Emma was so anxious to get them done, Maggie could care less. ha ha. Happy Birthday Kelsi! Looks like it was a blast!

Sassy said...

WOW...That looks MORE FUN than anything I ever did for my little ones...you ARE A GREAT MOM!