Monday, June 2, 2008

It's Your Birthday...Shout Hurray!










My Kelsi Leigh is turning 5! Every year gets more fun! She is so excited to start school and loves to play!
She has "Because I Liked the View" from H.S. Musical memorized. It is hilarious to hear her belt it out. I have enjoyed every second with her and am so grateful to be her mom. She is our peacemaker and loves to please. One of her favorite things to say is "that's super cute!" I just love to be around her and will be sad to lose her to the mesa public school system coming in the fall :)
To celebrate her birthday we took her to get her ears peirced! I always said I would wait until 8 yrs old. Not for any reason really...but I thought how fun it would be to start kindergarten with earings. She was so excited. The look on her face getting it done says it all. She didn't even flinch! Of course when she was picking out the earrings, she wanted the hugest fake diamond on the display. It was pretty funny. Even at this age she wants the biggest diamond ever. Then on we went to get a pizzookie from BJ's. Yummy! It's so fun when your child is big enough to be so excited about their birthday. She has been counting down the days for a week!
Happy Birthday Sweets!!!

7 comments:

S and B H. said...

Happy Birthday Kels! Ashlyn is so excited to give you the present she picked out!! Hope you have a great day. I remember that cute pic of her when she was younger!

Kirsten said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Kelsi! They grow up way too fast, don't they! You are so good to want more girls...after two, I was ready for boys!

Clay's gal said...

Happy Birthday! She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Adorable!
See you Thursday!!!

gena said...

They grow so fast! Can't believe your oldest is 5. I'm waiting for Saydie to turn 5 to pierce her ears. That was the tradition in my family. Fun!!

Sassy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet little cutie...she is a doll! I always loved going to girls camp, so many of your groups faces look familiar..what a neat service project. Just a comment about your home in your american idol post...love the rock around your entertainment center, beautiful home my cute related friend.

Brandis said...

Happy Birthday Kelsi!! Earlier today I remembered that it was her bday and I told Ashtyn, and she was SOOOO excited that Kelsi was 5 like her now. :) I hope she had a good birthday! :)

Sassy said...

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY COOL ENOUGH MY FRIEND!!!!! YOU ARE THE COOLEST CUTE THING and I am so sorry I forgot to come on yours and tell you I was going private...lot of things went on over this last week and that was the reason for a little privacy..sorry again please check your email and hit accept for me...okie dokie