Thursday, June 19, 2008

A little post about my KaterBug










This girl is a classic "middle" child. I just love her sweet personality. She can be so funny and tell you fascinating stories full of hand gestures and facial expressions. The next moment she might be a total drama queen and get so upset. Her face crumples up, sometimes her lips even turn blue! And she will cry (scream) for as long as it takes. Then, sometimes, she is super sensitive. She will say, "I'm not happy!" and go pout, lip quivering, and it honestly makes me worry that I am really not doing enough to make this girl happy. So whatever she does....it's workin' for her because she has me in the palm of her hand!

One of her favorite games(my least fav) is that she will sneak outside (even in 111degree heat) and knock on our door. I have to answer the door and in my sweetest voice say, "hey little girl, what are you doing out there? Where is your mommy" She will then say in her most sweetest, shy voice, "my mommy is on vacation" - So then I will tell her she can live with us and she makes up a fake name etc, etc,. I can't remember how this started, but we do it about once a day before I lock the top latch so she can't go outside.

Fun Facts:

Kaitlyn refuses to wear anything but jeans. And they have to be long. So usually she is in Kelsi's 4/5T's and they are falling off of her. Her favorite jeans are so holey and worn out. She is in a dance group this week and has had to wear shorts/skirts with tennies. She told me the first day of wearing tennis shoes with shorts that she felt like the mailman.

She calls High School Musical "high smell musical"

So happy or sad, tantrum throwing or game playing, I love this girl! When she crawls in bed with me in the morning and when she aks me to stay with her at night. She is my sweetheart!
















7 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

That girl has the cutest spunk to her! What would you do without her?!

SunGood said...

Ha ha she is a sweetheart! That game she plays is hilarious!! I don't know she did that!! I always love it when I see Kaitlyn wearin' her good 'ole blue jeans!! So cute!

Breanna and Martin said...

hahahahahahaha this is a perfect tribute to Kaitlyn. She melts my heart and makes me laugh!
The mailman? ahahaha where did she come from!?

S and B H. said...

I am so happy that she and Ashlyn are great friends!! What a cute girl---I seriously LOVE the jeans!

gena said...

So cute! I can totally relate to the jeans:) That is the cutest game!

Brandis said...

That was fun to read and I love the pics, especially the crying one. I'm with her on the jeans thing. I never liked wearing dresses/skirts so of course my dear sweet girl won't wear anything but dresses. :) Kaitlyn sounds a lot like Cole. Maybe it's a middle child thing or maybe it's because they have a lot of the same genes and were born 2 days apart..who knows. :)

Kirsten said...

LOVE this post! SO fun to learn cute things about her! She's a doll!