Monday, August 18, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend

So not only was it my baby's one year old birthday...I got a little early birthday present myself! Jesse suprised me with tickets to Martina McBride on Friday night. Our girls spent the night at my parents house, so we just kicked back and enjoyed the show. It was great! She is such a talented performer...right up there with Celine Dion. Every note was belted out perfectly.
I loved it especially because #1. it was FREE! Our neighbor works for KMLE Country and hooked Jesse up. We sat dead center about 20 rows back. And #2, She sang a ton of covers! Bryan Adams, Pat Benetar (Hit Me With Your Best Shot), Journey (Don't Stop Believin'), Lean on Me. Anything 80's will definitely get me up out of my seat!

Here we are before the concert with the "Camel" mascot. I accidentally pulled on the camel's chain and it started to sniff my face. The guys said, "Don't Do that!" I had know idea...so while the guy taking our pic is trying to figure out my camera, I am thinking this thing is going to eat me.

Here she is with her daughter Ava...how fun would this be? She sang "This One's For the Girls" and danced with her daughter....sweet....


On Saturday we celebrated Kennedy's birthday at Neilsen's. She got to try frozen custard for the first time.



On Sunday we just had a "dessert party" for her and invited our fams over for some pizzookie and icecream.

Here she is blowing out the candle on her pizzookie cake.

A Fun Filled Weekend For Sure!

8 comments:

Breanna and Martin said...

well first things first...Kennedy melts my heart! What an adorable ball of chub is right! I love her! I can't believe she is ONE! AH
Second...do you understand how much we love Martina McBride and how jealous I am that you went to her concert? Seriously I'm not sure we can speak again!
ok love you :-)

Brandis said...

What a cute little doll!! Our girls are growing up so fast (and my boy)! That concert sounds great! She's one that I would like to see. Happy early birthday! :)

Megs said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! Hey what do you think about getting Ally and going to a Spa for our B-days??? It would have to be the first or second Sat in September depending on when your soft ball stuff is!! Let me know! I have already got permission from the boss on my end:) Just kidding!! No permision needed!!!

Val said...

So pretty much i could eat Kennedy right up but i wont cuz then i couldnt look at her adorableness anymore!!
And once again you are so lucky to have gone to Martinaaa!!
Thanks for being so sweet and kind to me Kris!
Love ya

SunGood said...

Kristen how fun!! What a sweet and thoughtful hubby you have! I love Martina Mcbride! What a fun weekend for sure!! I will hopefully be seeing you tomorrow morning??

Ally said...

count ally in for the spa thing Meg and Kris. Sorry you're not the boss Megs, it's pretty fun :p jk. Love you guys

tyler family said...

Happy b-day you old fart. You know what they say...it's not really a birthday until you get kissed by a camel. Kennedy is such a cute girl. She looks like she is just so happy!

Linz

Sarah Williams said...

k i'm back from my vaca. love that you got in trouble for messing w/ the camel. love that you are enjoying your free time- i holding out for the 6 hours, when they are ALL in school. and good job on getting kennedy to sleep. now hurry up and get pregnant before life gets easy.....ha!