Monday, August 4, 2008

!VayCay to Cali!






















What a great week we had....where to start!!??



Jesse's parents treated all of their 7 children + fams on an unbelievable trip to Coronado Island; a fun little place just outside SanDiego. We stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado; a magnificent building that was built in the 1800's. The lobby, elevator & staircase looked like it had been taken right out of the movie Titanic. Everything was very detailed...not one room in the hotel was designed the same.












As you first walk in you see this amazingly HUGE fresh flower arrangement. I had never seen such a big bouquet before - it was beautiful! Note to Jesse: Our anniversary is next month...here is a picture of what I want delivered to my door. Can you seriously imagine what this would cost? They had just changed the flowers out right before we left. When we arrived it was more colorful with white tiger lili's inside.


There is someone in the elevator at all times to open and close the door for you and take you where you need to go. Stephanie and I had some fun with one of the elevator guys, Andrew. For some reason he liked us and would always remember our names and knew just where to take us. I think it might have something to do with the fact that we both had humungo strollers that we would squeeze in about 10X a day.



Every night we would walk down the street and find a restaurant to eat. Not an easy task when you are in a group of 22 people! I was so suprised at how accomidating everyone was. Everywhere we went we were practically in our own little secluded room. We ate so good and the food was fabulous. Well....maybe not the sushi. Jesse and I tried sushi....thanks to the ever adventurous Bryant! :) Now I can say I've tried it and I WON"T be tryin' it again!

































Here is Jesse gettin' ready to hurl all over the table...j/k...pretty funny though!

On to more appetizing things...ICECREAM! Moo Time anyone??? The best little icream shop ever. The first night we got a plateful of dessert nachos for 5 bucks...what a deal! Yummy homemade waffle cone pieces drizzled with chocolate, caramel and marshmallow cream. Dip it into your choice of icecream and DELISH!

Jesse and I are all about cheap mexican food...MMmmm...Jesse had wanted to try a place called Clayton's all week. He went to the concierge desk to find out where it was and the guy was telling him what a hole in the wall it was. So obviously the place has to be good right? The breakfast burrito was sooo good. Obviously, we did more things than eat. But I have to say that eating is one of my favorite parts of a vacation!! Moo Time has a saying on the wall that is now my motto for life!! "EAT HERE, DIET AT HOME" I love that!











The most buttery, flakey tortilla I have ever tasted. I am not a huge sausage fan, but this sausage was crispy and yummy! I would make a trip back just to get another one! :) Good choice Jess!
No pics of SeaWorld :( But on our last day we got to see good ol' Shamu. Kelsi was so excited and screamed when he jumped out of the water. It was a great moment (I wish I had it captured)
We reluctantly headed for home about 630 and had a nice quite ride. The kids were exhausted and it was fabulous!!!




































5 comments:

Brandis said...

Ahhh, so jealous! All the food pics made me hungry, especially the dessert nachos. Seriously, can it get any better than dessert nachos?? Looks like you guys had a great time. I LOVE the family pictures too, how gorgeous!!

Stephanie said...

I Love Coronado, it is absolutely gorgeous! I love the gold sand there. Sounds like such a fun vacation!

Stephanie said...

I Love Coronado, it is absolutely gorgeous! I love the gold sand there. Sounds like such a fun vacation!

Sassy said...

LUUUCCCKKKYYY!!!! How cool is that...would your mother and father in law adopt us?

The Herberts said...

Sounds like you had an AWESOME time! We don't get to see you near enough! We miss you guys!