Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kaitlyn's First Day!



Peace and quiet...that is what I have right now. Kennedy is sleeping and Kelsi&Kaitlyn are in school. 2 1/2 hours of bliss for me :) Deep Breath, ahhhhh.....

I've posted about my Kaitlyn before - She is Miss Personality. When she is happy she is really happy, a ton of fun to be around and so hilariously funny. When she is mad she will kick, scream, yell, pout - no fun .

Needless to say, I am so happy she got to go to preschool this year. She definitely needed something to occupy her time and something that was JUST for her! Kelsi gets to do so much more than her and always gets to do things first because she is the oldest. Go to preschool, have friend parties, get her ears pierced, go to music....it was time for Kaitlyn to do something on her own. I am so glad she got to go to Miss Peggy just like Kelsi did. I can't say enough about this teacher...she makes these kids so independent and excited for school.
Kaitlyn was so excited for her first day. She had her backpack ready to go and even put a few extra books in it so that it would be "heavy enough". - her words - She wanted her hair curled just right and even let me roll up her jeans! If you don't know, Kaitlyn likes to wear only jeans and she likes them to be long. I have long lost control over what my girls wear :)
The kids looked so little walking up to the door. It made me a little sad to think of how much she will grow this year. Last year, with Kelsi, all of her friends looked so grown up to me by the end of the year. I am a little saddened, but also excited to think that the same thing will happen to my Kaitlyn.

11 comments:

Erin said...

I cant wait for McKinley to start and it is not until after labor day. she just needs lots of attention and things to do. She keeps me on my toes.

megan allen said...

I know that feeling oh so well. It's definately bitter-sweet! She looks absolutely beautiful, how fun for her!

Courtney said...

And to think you were WORRIED about sending them off on their own for sooo long...I know, it is SOOO nice!

Can I just say, Kennedy is the cutest little thing ever! I can't believe she is a year already...time goes by...CRAZY!

What a fun trip to Cali...so jealous!

Shelley Goodman said...

She looks so happy. It must be hard having an older sister getting to do everything, plus being the middle child she has a double whammy! She is just the sweetest girl.

Megs said...

This post just makes me smile!! She is going to have such a fun year!! Make sure you save all of her stuff for sure!!!! Who knows what I will be doing in the next few years!!!

Stephanie said...

Yay for Kaitlyn. My son Connor started w/Mrs Peggy also on the Tues/Thurs class. I know they will have great experiences this year, how could they not w/such an excellent teacher!

Sassy said...

Kennedy is a doll!!! How exciting for her and YOU to have a little peace...every mom needs that once in a while to be a better mom and wife. Your fam is just pure cuteness!!!

Val said...

Kaitlyn is definitely ready for all this big kid stuff! And looks absolutely adorable!!
AND of course I would lovvve to make it an every "mutual" nighter. Just sometimes i still have it on wednesdays but shouldnt for a while cuz of church softball!

Clay's gal said...

Let me just say that all of your girlies are ADORABLE! I can't believe Kennedy is one! Time flys!
Of course you are just as cute as your girls! I love your hair! I'm getting an ich to cut mine!

When can you guys go out??? We need to do our date night!

Brandis said...

I wish I could get Ashtyn to wear pants once in a while. When she does wear pants to school, the first thing she says when she gets home is, "Can I got put a skirt on now?" Kaitlyn is such a doll! (just like the other 2:)

Mandy said...

Kaitlyn sounds JUST like Eden (when she's happy all is well, when she's mad . . . WATCH OUT!) My girls had their first day of preschool today. They LOVED it. Your girls are SOOO cute!!