Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Being a mom is hard! Being a good mom is even harder! Feeling like you are a great mom is the hardest of all. There is an enormous burden of pressure on us to be "perfect". This mother's day, I hope everyone realizes how wonderful and blessed we are and how magnificent being a mom is.


I love being a mom! It is the most rewarding calling of my life! I am so blessed to have three beautiful girls that I know will be my best friends. It's scary to think of what it will be like in 10 or 20 years. You just hope and pray that you do your best so that your kids will stay close to the Gospel and to you.


The greatest gift for me on Mother's Day would be to have all of my children get along and be so super happy all day! I would be in heaven!!! Lately it seems as if I am a referee more than a mother. Constantly breaking up battles between the two girls; who stole the others shoe? - she bit me, pinched me, pulled my hair, etc.... -" I don't want to watch Wow Wow Wubsy, I want to watch Max & Ruby!" - Ugggh. That's why I love this song so much. Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing is just a grain of sand...(a really good music video by the way, it made me cry - i tend to be a cry o holic sometimes though :)
Does it really matter? We are all happy, safe and healthy. What more could I ask for?




Happy Mother's Day to all of you fantastic mom's out there!!!! We are superheroes!

12 comments:

Sarah Williams said...

I totally aske dfor no whining for mothers days too! and i asked for another mothers day not on sunday, so i could go to tc eggingtons, but i don't think i want to take the kids- is that mean? i love them and all they just aren't that fun to take out.

Clay's gal said...

Amen to the no fighting for Mother's Day! It sounds like you have the same battles with 3 girls as I do with 3 boys! Hope you get your wish!

We need to meet up again for lunch!

Brandis said...

Sure, just go and make me get all misty-eyed. :) If I could choose my mother's day present, I would have my kids go to bed at 7 pm, sleep soundly until 9 am the next morning, and nobody would wake up in the middle of the night for a drink of water or to go potty or for a midnight (or later) feeding. I don't think that's too much to ask. :) I hope you have a lovely mother's day!

S and B H. said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. You are great.

Breanna and Martin said...

Oh you are a great mother! I have so many good examples of perfect moms in my life!
This song is absolutely amazing! When I lived in Provo and had friends/roomates who needed to step back and realize that some things just don't matter in the long run...I would sing this song and hope they got the hint haha. LOVE Carrie, LOVE the message, LOVE you

gena said...

What a great mom you are! I request the no fighting and happy kids for birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day, you name it...it's my ultimate gift:)

Reese & Christi Jones Family said...

Hey Kristen, Yes of course we are coming to the reunion, I just wish I would have lost a few pounds or gotten pregnant so I could be huge and get away with it!! Haha just kidding life is great. Let me guess the younger daughter wants wow wow wubzy, and the older wants max and ruby? That's the way it is around here!!

Rachel Stewart said...

I think you are a terrific mom and so glad for the thoughts on mother's day. Breaking up the "fights" is definitely the worst part. I would much prefer a stinky diaper. So far though, I don't have to break up too many...the advantages of girl/boy.

I think I ask you this everytime...When are we getting together??

Shelley Goodman said...

that is a cute tribute underneath to all the moms out there. Hope you have a good one this Sunday! You are such a fun, cool, hip mom.

Unknown said...

Love the post. You're an awesome mother and have such cute girls. I know you know that it just gets more fun with a house full of girls :) Enjoy!

Clay's gal said...

Hey thanks for your support! Sorry you had to be a whitness to all that drama! I was just as suprised as you were! Hopefully I can be drama free for awhile! It's not my style! Love ya!

Sarah Williams said...

your just as lame about updating your blog. i did- now you need to!