Thursday, May 15, 2008

School Year Celebration '08


Kelsi had her end of the year program on Wednesday. It was fantastic! Of course I would leave my camera at home. I took it out of my purse to check the battery and left it on the table!! But luckily I had my video camera, I just can't transfer video from a cassette tape! Bummer! They sang some really fun songs and entertained us all! They learned the hula dance (miss peggy loves hawaii and they spend a month learning about it). They recited pages from a book and each had a part. It was fun helping Kelsi memorize her part about a "lady that wrings out the paper and hangs up the news". I think every preschool teacher is amazing for doing what they do. So much time and effort goes into every single preschool day! I am so grateful for Kelsi's teacher Peggy Nielsen. I am also glad that I was the last person on the waiting list that got in! She is like a grandma to these kids. Genuinely loves each one of them and got teared up just talking about them during thier program. She is so fun and makes preschool ALL about THEM! Kelsi has learned so much and has had so much fun! It's definitely been more about FUN than homework. Kaitlyn missed her cut off by one day but I will be able to "sneak" her in :) She will enjoy Miss Peggy for 2 years and I am thrilled for her. So instead of posting pics from the program, here are some random pics from throughout the year. Thanks Miss Peggy!!

12 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

How cute is Kelsi. She grew up so fast. Congrats to you for making it through the school year. You wont know what to do with yourself when you only have Kennedy at home next year.

btw, love that High School Musical song :)

SunGood said...

Can you believe the school year is finally just about over?!! Yea! Summer is just around the corner! You'll have to bring the girls over and let them play on our water slide!! Cute pics too, she sounds like a super neat teacher!

Unknown said...

Yeah for Preschool programs!!! Does this mean your done, almost? I've heard the best things about Miss Peggy. So glad she had a good year. It's always great to have teachers that help the kids LOVE school early... hopefully they'll keep it for a while :) Kelsi is a doll.

Rachel Stewart said...

Seriously...a huge shout out to preschool teachers. Sabrina brought home her end of the year book and it was so great to see a refresher of all they did this year. I am so glad that Kelsi has loved it and that Kaitlyn will be enjoying it next year.

Clay's gal said...

Sorry I didn't call you this week! My internet has been down(torture!) and I just got your message! We would have loved to meet up! Let's get together for sure next week! Love ya!

Sassy said...

Kristen...My friend on my blog list has pictures on her blog of preschool graduation from this cute little group...it dawned on me when I saw the cute robot, because I had seen it on hers a couple of weeks ago. Maybe check hers out for pic's. Stephanie Cook's little girl Charli, I think was in this group, what a cute preschool, she obviously is terrific. Does this teacher do it in her home? Just curious, I have been tossing it around for a while and doing it here.

Mary Anne said...

kelsi is such a doll! I think I will absolutely love going to school programs one day. i get so anxious seeing all of you adorable moms with adorable kids who get to watch them grow up in the most adorable way. Can't wait to join the club!

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures! Kelsi is just so cute! Her teacher sounds like she's great. By the way, I made those chicken enchiladas this weekend...They are sooo good! We've already had them for 3 meals! Thanks for sharing a great recipe :)

Stephanie said...

Yay I'm glad you found me, that is fun. Yes my son is in the Tues/Thurs class next year, That will be fun too! I have some pictures with Kelsi in them if you want me to email them to you I would be happy to, just let me know. How do you know Kayola?? She is amazing!

Breanna and Martin said...

c.u.t.e. I love Kelsi so much! I'm sad I didn't come to the program! I'll just have to come next year! Yay for Kaitlyn! So do you think I would be a good preschool teacher? Cuz that's what I want to do haha.

Oh and p.s. I really like that pic of David Cook! Oh man make my heart go pitter patter!

p.p.s...PARTY!?!?

Clay's gal said...

Do have any plans Friday?? Want to meet for lunch??

I can't believe Allison's wedding is right around the corner! How fun!!!

Courtney said...

What fun! Kelsi is soo cute...next year will be a blast for her, she will LOVE kindergarten and so will you :)