Thursday, May 1, 2008

Let's Play Music




Kelsi had her first "recital" for her Let's Play Music class tonight. It's the first & only "thing" I have her in at the moment so it was exciting for us (me). She told me afterward that "when people clap for me my stomach freaks out" haha! I love little kid langauge.


Basically, this year, they learned some pretty cool songs and how to play with bells. She knows what a major/minor scale is and how to keep a beat. She'll be musically smarter than me pretty soon. I have to say that when I first signed her up I was wishing she was in dance instead. I had to attend the class every other week and that got old fast. But it was quality time spent with JUST my Kels. (That's what I would tell myself :0) Now it's something that all my girls will have the chance to do and I am loving it.

10 comments:

Rachel Stewart said...

I just loved what Kelsi said. So great! I can't wait for Sabrina to start this next year. I think it will really be her thing. I think her line will be about how her stomach freaks out the whole time, though.

Unknown said...

I love the kids programs too, even the smallest program is awesome cause its your own kids! It's always the best. Good job Kelsi! I hope you had fun!

Brandis said...

That picture of her is so cute! She has such a fun personality. Good for you for getting her started in music. As fun as sports always were, I still wish I had learned SOMETHING musical other than plunking out a tune by ear. :)

Jenn Toon said...

That's awesome! It will pay off - promise! Congrats to her to get the butterflies out now and hopefully as she gets older it gets easier!

SunGood said...

Cute Kels!!! How fun!! K those pics below...Darling! I cannot wait to see the rest of them!

Kirsten said...

Um, so I thought I left a comment but it's not there and I'm afraid I left it on someone else's blog thinking it was yours....oops!

How fun for Kelsi! Ashlee is anxious for her first ballet recital in a couple weeks.

Brynlee turned 5 in January. We took the training wheels off last Fall and it wasn't working and she wanted them back on. She has 4 friends in the neighborhood that turned 5 in either January or April and they all can ride without training wheels (the youngest could ride without last summer!) so I took hers off to see if she could do it and bam, she was ready.

Clay's gal said...

I'm sooooo excited to see the rest of your pictures! Those 2 pics are soooooo dang cute!!!!!Love it!!

Megs said...

I'm sad I wasn't able to go to the performance. I will have to come by to watch the video. I bet it is sooo cute!

Shelley Goodman said...

I can't wait till Lane can do this program. I girl in my ward teaches lets play music so she has told me all about it, I think you have too. She will have to do a little performance for us.

Sassy said...

What a fun time for you and your little Kelsi...to spend time together and she is learning to gain an appreciation for music...and I too think that kid language is THE BEST!!!!