Monday, May 12, 2008

Preschool Burnout


I'm a little nervous now for Kelsi to start Kindergarten. No, not because I will miss her so much or that she is growing up too fast. It's because I will actually have to schedule in homework time and reading time (and it will actually count!) I feel like I have "senioritis" towards preschool! Preschool didn't stress me out. She did her homework fine we read the quota of books each day. She learned what she needed to learn and much more. And I was still a total slacker. I definitely didn't make much of an effort to play every file folder game that she brought home. (some are still on the desk needing to be cut out!) I hardly ever went over the flashcards even. Whatever, it's preschool. It's not like I care if she is the "smartest" but I want her to have good homework habits. It's up to me to create those habits and I guess it starts in Kidergarten. It's way more fun to just play!


I am so ready for summer!


It makes me wonder what all you mom's feel like with older kids in school. Are you looking forward to summer? Or is it, "dang, my kids are home all day long!" I feel like my life is changing forever this coming August 11th! I know it sounds so dramatic :)

9 comments:

SunGood said...

Dang girl, I could not agree with you more! I have totally anxieties toward kindergarten for all the same reasons!!! Yes, this summer, I'm just like hmmm how can I keep my kids busy without making life too busy for me! Kind of messed up i know!! Happy Mother's Day by the way! Missed seeing you guys yesterday and we def missed you at lunch today! Just means we'll have to go again!

Megs said...

Don't be too stressed! Although there will definitely be some nightly homework but how fun!!!! (Coming from someone with no kids:)

amy said...

I agree with you completely, and yes, I want my older kids home. When they're 11 they can babysit! And last summer I wasn't ready for them to go back. Only 8 more days!

Unknown said...

Totally ready for summer!!!! Can't wait till the schedules are over for a bit. The homework isn't that stressful either, just do it right after school and be done with it! Soooo ready!!

Shelley Goodman said...

So this is what I get to look forward too... can't wait! I bet it wont be as hard as you think. Kelsi will be on the ball and do her homework all by her self. Such an exciting stage of life!

Brandis said...

I've been feeling the same way this week. I'm tired of preschool and I'm ready to have summer, even though that means we're that much closer to having Ashtyn in school. I definitely have mixed feelings about that. (she was really well-behaved today so this is a day when I don't want her to go to school:) I don't think you'll have to worry about Kelsi keeping up with homework when she starts real school. You've gotten her off on the right foot! :)

Rachel Stewart said...

Preschool Burnout. I love it!!

So good to see you today. We should definitely do that more often. The girls had so much fun together and I loved being able to chat with you. Let me know when we can go again.

Courtney said...

I LOVE summer! I love the relaxing (even though I'm driving my kids all over to different activites every day) feel of no school! I totally look forward to summer...but by the time August rolls around I am so ready for them to go back to school! Hang in there...you will have so much fun with your girl going to school!

Sarah Williams said...

no need to stress about it till its actually happening to you. find something different to stress about now, you know if your bored or whatever....