Saturday, May 24, 2008

Peace & Quiet???


These 2 words don't always go together. Jesse took Kelsi&Kaitlyn up north over memorial day weekend. He played in a softball tournament and the girls really wanted to go. He is such a good sport and very willingly took them. They were so excited to be with their dad. I knew I would miss them terribly so I kept saying, "are you sure?" "you're gonna miss me" "it's 4 days until you see me again." Saying this didn't work. So then I said, "hey! I'll take you to get your toes painted." "we can go to the movies!"...nothing. They really wanted to go with their dad. So me and Kendi had lots of bonding fun together. There was definitely a lot to get done and I am grateful for the chance to catch up! But it was way too quiet around here. My house is more peaceful when I hear my girls playing and I know that my husband is home with me. So it was quiet, but I wouldn't say peaceful.

But I got a lot done...painted some cabinets, watched 4 movies; juno, 27 dresses, catch & release (loved them!) and p.s. I love you (hated it). I went shopping and tried not to worry about my girlies. Jess did a great job -they came home in one piece!
{is anyone thinking Target right now?}

9 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

I bet you didnt know what to do with yourself! How relaxing! I can't wait to see our house, is it all finished yet? I need to come over and see it.

Steph (and Bryant) said...

I am dying to see your house---I need some motivation to finish mine! Really hoping that will work ;) See you at swim lessons!

Kirsten said...

How fun for the girls to spend time with daddy! One time when I was out of town, Rob took the kids (there were 3 at the time) camping with his scouts. They LOVED it! Now every time he goes, they think they should get to go too.

tyler family said...

How fun... I don't know what I would do with free time. Free time? What the heck is that!?!? BTW, I hated ps i love you- the movie too. The book is really good though. Also, thanks for getting the Target song in my head. I am thinking it will take a while to get that out- or at least until I hear the Wow Wow Wubzy theme song to replace it:)

gena said...

I know the feeling. Saydie has been gone since Saturday spending time with some girl cousins. IT has been weird not having her around. I keep thinking it's too quiet what is Saydie into, then I remember she's not here. She comes back tonight and I'm so excited!

Clay's gal said...

So I dropped my cell phone in the toilet of all places! Your # was on my cell phone! I'm bumbed that are plans didn't work out! E-mail me your # and we can work out a good time to get together! Love ya!
lindseyslads@cox.net

Courtney said...

What fun for you...however I am totally with you on hating the quiet...the boys are at cub scout day camp from 2-10 for 3 days and it is crazy having not having the normal chaos of the evening.

Brandis said...

Way to go, Jesse! :) We did the opposite at our house last weekend, I left the 2 big kids home with Donny and Kaida & I went to Utah. It was lonely without them so I totally get what you mean about it being quiet but not peaceful. :) Kaida really missed the big kids & Daddy but we had a really good time anyway. I hope you enjoyed yourself! :)

Sarah Williams said...

don't you know think one kid is harder than 3??? If the other ones are gone I just worry more about the one. and stay just busy!