Saturday, February 16, 2008

Single Mommin' It!






On Saturday Jesse hit the dunes with his bro's and my dad. It really makes me appreciate having him around because he does so much for me. We have a pretty good system set up so that we both get to do the things that we want to do and the other person will be in charge of the girls. The really bad downside to this plan is that we never do anything together! Meaning, just the two of us. We do things as a family all of the time, I love to just drive around and run errands with my family; and we have a date night maybe twice a month. Again, we usually like to take our girls with us to Costa Vida or some place like that. Last night we went to Macaroni Grill, just the two of us, and it was funny...we just kind of stared at eachother...and then Jesse says, "well, this is nice." We were acting like we had been married for 50 years! Life is funny sometimes...


I am really lucky though to have 3 great kids. They really make it easy for me. I enjoy being with just my girls sometimes. It is like having my best friends around. I think it is a blessing and something to be grateful for to feel that way about your children.


Here are some pics from our friend Gage's 1st bday! It was a cowboy theme, complete with a cowpie cake and the roasting of marshmallows. It was so fun - I always enjoy going over to Kyle & Ash's house. She is a great cook and always makes yummy food for us!

4 comments:

Steph (and Bryant) said...

You really need to teach me how to do my header like that.....so cute! I am serious, will you teach me please?!?!? It was fun to see you today at Val's concert...can't wait to see that video of that song again!! Glad you are surviving the single mom thing...so obviously the broken nose for him is no issue!

Unknown said...

Kristen, your girls are so stinkin cute and it is such a blessing to have little best friends like that, not only that you are best friends with them, but that they are with each other! priceless!you are an awesome mom! Love all the pictures.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley Goodman said...

K, the food in that picture looks really good! Hope Jesses nose didnt get re-broken, ouch that had to of hurt!