Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sweet Cakes!


The great thing about Jesse's job is that is has a lot of "early" days and usually we will go out to lunch. Once you get into the habit, mac&cheese and pb&j, just don't quite cut it anymore. :) Today we went to SweetCakes. I finally talked him into it...he used to think it was "girl" food. Whatever that means...BUT...I found out something so awesome! They now sell their sugar cookie dough, frosting & sprinkles!!! Yay!!! No more all day in the kitchen, trying to make the perfect "sweet cake" sugar cookie only to be severely disappointed. I love to make sugar cookies, but can never get them exactly how I want them; super thick with light & fluffy frosting. Now I can make them AND pass them off as my own, because technically you did bake them right?? I am so excited! FYI - it was 15$ for about 3-4 doz cookies worth of dough and $4 for frosting. I say, if they come out like a Sweet Cakes sugar cookie - it's worth every penny!

8 comments:

Jenn Toon said...

That's awesome!! I am going to have to get in on that action! Geoff didn't like the sound of the place either until I took him. He loves their Boars Head meats. I like eating his pickle slice! :)

SunGood said...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET! You know we are all down for that one!! :)

Unknown said...

I'm still a go and just buy it kind of gal :) But you can make them and share!!! ha ha. Love them though, so yummy. Love that version of Defy Gravity! Need to get that one!

Kristen said...

I know Kristen, love it! It's just off of Dizzler - I hadn't heard this version before. I'm waiting for them to put on a song from Idina Menzel's new album I Stand. Found this song by accident.

S and B H. said...

that is great news! Can't beat the price! I haven't even had one of their cookies before, but I am all about a yummy and super easy sugar cookie :)

amy said...

After having two family members bring us lots of Sweet Cakes sugar cookies for Valentine's, I'm going to have to lay off of them for awhile! The jeans are getting a little tight!

Sarah Williams said...

AHHH, dang you I'm doing so good on my no sugar kick and you go ad talk about sugar cookies!!!I'm drooling....

Courtney said...

Um, I'll be expecting some "homemade" cookies from you soon!

J/K - I too, love sweet cakes!