Thursday, February 7, 2008

What do you do without the televison?


They say things happen in three's. 1st our heater went out last week - on the day it got fixed the color wheel in our TV broke. Hmmm...what will the third thing be?
It's happened....this morning my T3 flat iron would not turn on. What the heck?? Luckily I had my old metal one from 3 yrs ago. Maybe Bill's Electronics can fix this! :)

Jesse and I had to break the TV out of the entertainment center and put it in the back of his truck. Luckily, it didn't fall and shatter everywhere.

FYI - if you ever are in need of a guy to fix a tv - Bill's Electronics is the way to go. This old guy can fix anything and does it for cheap.

Being without a TV is actually a great thing; I could live without it forever. Here is a list I have compiled of things that we have done in place of the TV. I will keep on adding to it since we won't get ours back until the end of February.

1. Have a fashion/talent show. I like to be entertained when I feed Kendy and naturally watch the Today Show or something like that. I had the girls sing for me instead and they totally took turns - it was fun and something I would have missed out on if the big box had been on.

2. Play Duck Duck Goose! This is our fav game and we run all through the house.

3. Clean! You would think I would have way more time to clean, but actually I just have 2 little shadows following me around and since they aren't sitting quietly in front of the TV, they are actually getting toys out and playing. I have been trying very hard to teach them to pick up after themselves and not doing it for them!

I'm sure I will add more to this list - so far this is what we have done. I didn't even think we watched it that much, but 2 movies a day is like 4 hours! Yikes!
4. Enjoy the weather - I took the girls to the park for the first time since having Kennedy.
5. Draw and make crafts
OK - So we lasted about 3 days without TV. We wanted one for our playroom anyway so now we have a little one hooked up in place of our reg one. We will see how it goes...it's nice to watch at night with Jesse before we go to sleep, but I hope my girls don't hassle me about watching it all of the time. It was so nice without it, they couldn't even ask to watch it and found stuff to do on their own - Maybe I need to do what the pediatrician told me at Kelsi's last well check appt. - limit TV to 30 minutes/day and they have to actually save up time throughout the week to watch a movie. A little excessive? I think so...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SunGood said...

That's why Trav & I hate TV! We almost never watch it! It's amazing how much more you can get done without it!!

S and B H. said...

Good for you. I think I should "break" ours!!! Maybe I should break my computer---that would get me to get more things done :) Cute blog!

Breanna and Martin said...

So when I babysit tonight there will be no TV? GREAT hahaha j/k I'm gonna make sugar cookies and decorate them with the girls...if that's ok with their mommy of course!

Kristen said...

hahaha...you rock Bre!